The National Day of Prayer is Thursday, May 7, 2015.
This year’s theme is:” Lord, Hear Our Cry!”
Tehachapi will be celebrating with the following events:
- 28th Annual Prayer Breakfast @ 6:45am-8:30am Kiwani’s Prayer Breakfast Mc Mullan Hall at St. Malachy’s 407 West E St. Soloist Maureen Recalde will be singing and sharing her testimony of coming to faith. $10 per person, call Michal Knowles for tickets 661-808-9596.
- Noon Prayer Rally @ City Hall – 115 S. Robinson St. After opening ceremonies and a short message by Brian Drucker, local church leaders will lead us in united prayer for our country on seven different topics. (*schedule below)
- Community Church Service @ 7pm-8:30pm All City Church Service – Mountain Vineyard 502 W. Pinion off Curry St. Message by Pastor Barry Galloway, followed by united prayer led by local church leaders on seven different topics.
The 64th annual National Day of Prayer, May 7, 2015, will have profound significance for our country. It is an unprecedented opportunity to see the Lord’s healing and renewing power made manifest as we call on citizens to humbly come before His throne.
Our theme for 2015 is Lord, Hear Our Cry, emphasizing the need for individuals, corporately and individually, to place their faith in the unfailing character of their Creator, who is sovereign over all governments, authorities, and men. To further highlight our theme, we’ve chosen I Kings 8:28 as our Scripture for this year: “Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day.”
*National Day of Prayer Noon Prayer Rally Schedule
- Welcome and Opening Prayer – Brian Drucker, NDOP Coordinator
- Pledge of Allegiance – Vietnam Veteran, Buz Grantham
- Proclamation of Day of Prayer – Mayor of Tehachapi, Susan Wiggins
- Songs: You Are My Hiding Place, The Solid Rock – Led by Teri Harrington and Brian Drucker
- Message: No Matter What Comes! – Brian Drucker, NDOP Coordinator
- Prayers for the United States – Led by Local Pastors and Leaders
- Closing Song: God Bless America – Led by Teri Harrington and Brian Drucker
- Closing Prayer: Brian Drucker
Prayers for the United States
- Our Government- Ben Herzog- Youth Minister at Christian Life Assembly
- Our Education System- Pastor Mark Staller-Apostolic Faith Church
- Our Families- Pastor Erwin Joham- 7th Day Adventist Church
- Our Military- Father Michael Cox- St.Malachy’s Catholic Church
- Our Media- Ed Snyder- Elder at Shepherd of the Hills
- Our Businesses- Byron Johnson- Elder at Summit Foursquare Church
- Our Churches- Nathan Hiner- Associate Pastor at Country Oaks Baptist Church
The mission of the National Day of Prayer Task Force is to mobilize prayer in America and to encourage personal repentance and righteousness in the culture, while emphasizing the need for individuals, both corporately and individually, to place their faith in the unfailing character of their Creator, who is sovereign over all governments, authorities and men.