Soup Potluck 2017 Christmas Dinner
This year’s dinner with be a soup potluck on December 1, 2017.
Tickets are on sale in the church office for $5 per person (or buy a table of 8 for $35). Tickets usually sell out quickly so buy yours ASAP! Every family needs to a bring a pot/crockpot of soup to share. Salad, rolls, bowls and dramatic entertainment will be provided.
Our theme and dramatic production will be “A Christmas Carol.”
Below find Number of people needed, Position, Description.
1 Coordinator (Oversees Event: All Problems & Situations end up here.)
- 1 Hospitality Coordinator (Oversees Hospitality Team. Organizes/ Coordinates Seating Plan & Ticket Sales
- 5 or 6 people needed for Ticket Sales (Help Church Family get signed up for Event on Sunday Mornings)
- 1 Communications person (Coordinate Table Hostesses, primarily by email with some light telephone interaction)
- 3 or 4 “Night of” Crew (Help people find seats and get settled in. Night of Event (early) only)
1 Service Supervisor (Coordinates, Oversees and Directs Food Service Crew and Drink Station Supervisors – Dinner Night)
- 2 or 3 Food Service Crew Oversees Potluck Line(s) in Chapel: Keep roll baskets full, make sure silverware is available, etc)
- 2 or 3 Drink Station Supervisors (Coordinates, Oversees and maintains 2 or 3 Drink Stations)
Clean Up Crew
- 2 or 3 Kitchen Crew (Clean up Kitchen, mostly Large Serving Bowls)
- 2 Can Crew (Check/ Empty Trash Cans in Worship Center one time during Dinner, preferably after Main Course. Empty Worship Center, Chapel and Kitchen cans after Event.)
1 Child Care Coordinator (Plans Activities for Children up to Age 4. Oversees Child Care Providers)
- 3 or 4 Child Care Providers (Play with Kids!! [up to age 4] Takes place after the eating portion of the evening)
Christmas Dinners Past –
2016 Christmas Dinner – sold out
Our annual Christmas Dinner and Theatrical Production – An evening of food, fellowship and entertainment will be on Friday, December 2, 2016 at 6:00pm.
This year’s Country Oaks Baptist Church Christmas Dinner play is based on the classic short story by O. Henry, The Gift of the Magi. This is a poignant tale of two young, impoverished newlyweds, Jim and Della Dillingham living in early 1900’s New York City. They find themselves on their first Christmas Eve together with little money and no gifts for each other. As the story unfolds, you’ll find out just how far Jim and Della will go on Christmas Eve to acquire the money they need to buy each other presents. O. Henry is a master at writing short stories depicting American life, culture, and ethos. Within his bittersweet story of gift-giving, he shows that the magi were the first to practice the art of giving gifts to celebrate the birth of the Savior. Ever since those ancient times, people have expressed their sincere love by giving gifts at Christmas.
Tickets are $7 each or $30 for a family (Family = Mom/Dad plus up to four children 16 & under that still live in your home.).
Country Oaks Baptist Church Christmas Dinner – December 4, 2015
We’re Cookin’ Up Christmas! Come to the Church Christmas Dinner on Friday, December 4. Tickets are now available in church on Sunday mornings during the month of November or in the church office for $7 per person or $25 per family ((Family=Mom/Dad plus up to 4 children 16 & under still living in your home). It will be an evening of food and fun with a theatrical presentation of “Cookin’ Up Christmas.” For more information, see the flyer below.
Table Hostesses Needed – Love to decorate and play hostess? We need you! Please sign up on the clipboard in the Worship Center on Sunday mornings to be a table hostess for the Church Christmas Dinner on December 4. Hostesses, please buy your own tickets.
Sorry – There’s no childcare for this event and we cannot meet any special dietary needs.
Country Oaks Baptist Church Christmas Dinner – December 5, 2014
Christmas Dinner – Come Let Us Adore Him! Come to the Church Christmas Dinner on Friday, December 5.Tickets are available in church on Sunday mornngs or in the church office for $5 per person or $20 per family. It will be an evening of food and fun with a theatrical presentation of “A Christmas Carol.” Childcare will be available. The meal is going to be delicious; the dessert, yummy! Jake Smith will lead us in singing Christmas carols. Hostess signups are still needed. Contact person is Michelle Berryman. Please call 661.203.3964 if you have any questions.